How to record video using Camtasia and share it with BPC
1. Start Camtasia
2. Select Record the screen option
3. Select “Custom” screen (1) and adjust the size of the recording by left click/holding small square (2) and dragging it to the desired sizing. By default, no other changes need to be made, but just in case make sure that Audio is on (3) and volume is set to max (4). Press “rec” button (5) to start recording.
Make sure that you capture only important stuff in the coaching, if it’s a live session make the size as big as necessary to capture all tables that you are going to play (you can’t readjust during actual recording), if you have hand review session or villain adjustment session make it as small as needed to capture tracker hand replayer only. For test video capture whole screen.
4. After you’re done with recording press stop button or F10 key to stop the recording. A new window will pop up, where you select “Save and Edit” button (1), rename the file to “Name of Student, test, Date” (For example: Bryan, test, 21.06.2015) and save the raw file to your desired location.
How to edit and save the video
1. Start Camtasia
2. Select “Import media” (1)
3. Look for the “raw” file that you saved after recording and select it. Left click/hold that file (1) and drag it to the video editing place (2) for editing.
RAW file is a basic file to work on in Camtasia, you don’t share this RAW file with us but keep it in case you needed in the future to change something in the video that you already produced.
- When it asks you to select “Editing Dimensions” don’t change anything just click OK!
4. Rewatch the video and edit the video if needed (like cutting out small talk at the beginning or some in between session glitches, problems of internet disconnections, taking care of better sound, etc.)
5. If you wish you can mask your nicknames in rooms using Callouts option but it’s not obligatory. First select callouts option (1), then choose which one you wish to have (2), then unmark Fade in, Fade out option (3), resize call out to desirable size (4). By click and hold on the end bar, drag the bar for desired time callout needs to be in the video (5).
6. Before you’re done with the video test it for sound. We don’t want to have videos with bad sound, some funny noises in background or “alien” sounds, so click on Audio tab (1), and select Enable volume leveling (2) and Enable noise removal (3). After you mark those, it should be better. If not try selecting different volume variations (4) or in case if one participant is too loud or silent moving the green line up (louder) and down (silent) in Audio 1 (5) or Audio 2 (6).
7. When you’re done with editing the video and taking notes click on “Produce and share” button (1)
8. From the pop-up menu choose HD option and click next.
9. Under “Production name” (1), name the video same as you did raw file “Name of Student, test, Date” (For example: Bryan, test, 21.06.2015).
Under “Folder” (2) choose where to save the video, then click Finish (3) and wait for rendering to complete.
This is the video file which you are going to upload to Dropbox NOT the “raw” one we created after recording.
How to upload video to Dropbox and share it
Create new folder in your Dropbox named: type of game, BPC name of student, test
Example: HU (for HU players), Bryan, test
go to the newly created folder and right click it and select Share, then Invite people to collaborate…